Saturday, September 22, 2007

Networking for Social Change

OK, I'm hooked.

I've never been a fan of those "update your contact information" programs, but I am totally taken with LinkedIn.

LinkedIn is an online network of more than 14 million people from around the world, representing 150 industries. When you join, you create a profile that summarizes your professional accomplishments. Your profile helps you find and be found by former colleagues, clients, and partners. You can add more connections by inviting trusted contacts to join LinkedIn and connect to you. Your network consists of your connections, your connections’ connections, and the people they know, linking you to thousands of people.

As I ramp up my Florida not-for-profit, I am reaching out to hundreds of friends through LinkedIn that I would have been unable to connect with. Sweet.

No comments: